
I've hit that place in my marriage where I can't remember what it was like to be single, like it's always been Mike and I, and I mean that in a truly happy, wonderful kind of way. I mean I love this guy and can't imagine not having him with me always.
So we decided to run a race for our anniversary again. It could be symbolic of our marriage somehow as in sweaty? or red in the face? or achy all over? endurance? Most of all it's just an excuse to do something together in a competitive way because I'm all about bragging rights. It's too bad this year that neither of us trained as faithfully as last year. In fact I think Mike only ran 10 times this whole year and with that as an excuse he changed his entry from the 10K to the wimpy 5K (not for my running friends who are really fast and good at the 5K, just wimpy for Mike). Then he

I stuck with the 10K and my route ended up being lengthened by mistake instead. I didn't have a watch or gps to gauge my distance or time but I was tired and achy and so close to walking. But, I didn't give up, I persevered and I found out after that I ran 7.8 miles instead of 6.1. That was definitely my farthest run all year, but it was all good. I was only mad that I didn't beat my time from last year.

Happy us!
3 comments:
Way to go..... even if Mike is a cheater. Chelsea made up for him :)
You guys rock!
Combined, you make a great team who put in the right number of miles.
Post a Comment