Monday, March 21, 2011

A birthday and visitors


Gabe wanted to try rock climbing for his birthday party this year. He took a few friends and went to an indoor rock climbing gym and had a blast trying it out for the first time.
My mom, step-dad, grandma, and grandpa made the long drive and came to visit, play, and celebrate Gabe getting the Aaronic Priesthood. Mike gave him a wonderful blessing, saying that as a deacon he would have the opportunity to help others feel the sacredness of the sacrament. I think it is amazing what we ask our young 12 year-old boys to do and become.Gabe is an amazing young man who is growing up too fast. I just feel very blessed to be his mom and be a part of it all. Not only is he super smart, a leader, and willing to try new things, but he loves the Savior and wants to be like Him and he tries to live like that. Happy Birthday, Gabe!

2 comments:

jamie t. said...

Happy Birthday Gabe!

Bridget said...

Happy Birthday to Gabe! I was wondering why you had so much family in town...