Sunday, October 4, 2009

I can see you


One of my favorite things is when I am able to watch one of my kids without them knowing. I went upstairs to check on Andrew to see if he was getting dressed and I quietly crawled to his room and was able to watch him for 5 minutes. He had three of his favorite things (stuffed animals, books, and lego minifigures) all intertwined in a story about slaying lions. Using straws, he had built a sort of saddle onto his large black dog for his small hippo to ride on. The story was just spilling from his mouth about flying up high and looking into the tall grass to spot the big lion. I just love his imagination and his big adjectives he uses. I know it comes from his great love of reading. He really likes the Magic Tree House books right now and right in the middle of his story he picked up "Shakespeare on a Summer's Night" and silently "read" from it. I only wish I knew what was going through his head.
This week Andrew will turn 5 years old. He is such an amazing, sweet, imaginiative boy to have in our family. I'm so lucky to be his mom!

P.S. Until Santa delivers me a new camera you will be getting pictures from the past since our camera is not functioning.

8 comments:

Bridget said...

Yeah, Santa needs to bring me a new camera, too. I just have my big old one with the slow shutter for now. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I just long for my pocket camera.

Liz Morrill said...

Cute!!! Happy Birthday Andrew!!!
we love you!
Liz & Ana

J.D. and Gina said...

Hello Tonks family!! We finally have you up on our blog! Look at your family growing so big!! I have loved reading from your posts and hearing what is going on in your lives. CONGRATS on the house!! Yeah! How exciting! It is beautiful! Big hugs and hello's to everyone. It's so fun that you have a Kimball too. Much love!

J.D. and Gina said...

Hello Tonks Family! We loved reading about how your family is doing. And congrats on the house! It is beautiful!!! We hope that everyone is continuing to do well and that the Fall season is treating you right! Big hellos to everyone!
Gina and J.D.

Lauren in GA said...

We have so much in common, Chelsea...four boys and we both need new cameras for Christmas!!

Thanks for commenting on my blog. It was great to hear from you and be able to come over here and lurk. I loved the story about your smart little Andrew. What a great reader he is to be reading The Magic Tree House books at 5 years old!!

Amy said...

Hey! it is always so much fun to see the blasts from the past! your family is adorable!!!! Thanks for finding me!

Parkinson Family said...

Hi, Chelsea! I'm glad you found our blog so that now I can look at yours! I can't believe how big our kids are getting. We miss Blacksburg a lot, too. We do live close enough to visit Jason's brother who is now living there, though.

Bonnie-Jean said...

Hello Chelsea! I can't believe that Andrew's 5 now... and that little Kimball is running everywhere... it makes sense since AJ is as busy as can be. Check out our blog
bjjschmidt.blogspot.com

Looks like you're doing well!
your friend,
Bonnie-Jean :o)