Honestly I did run in a marathon, but I was part of a relay team that ran about 4.5 miles each. Some friends asked me about a month ago when part of their team dropped out of the race and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to start running again. The marathon was part of Oktoberfest in Leavenworth, WA, a town that is built on a quaint German town theme. All the buildings look a little like gingerbread houses. It was a beautiful, sunny day and the leaves were all changing colors. My leg of the race took me right along a river and straight up a mountain (my legs felt like we were going straight uphill). I felt pretty good because 1)I ran the 4th leg and those running the full marathon were pretty winded by then and I could keep up with them and 2)my goal was to just keep running and although there was not always a lot of forward progress, I was able to do just that. I love the adrenaline you get with finishing something you worked really hard at. Now I have the running bug and hopefully will be able to try some other races for fun. Thanks to those Tunnell girls for asking me to play!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I RAN A MARATHON!
Honestly I did run in a marathon, but I was part of a relay team that ran about 4.5 miles each. Some friends asked me about a month ago when part of their team dropped out of the race and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to start running again. The marathon was part of Oktoberfest in Leavenworth, WA, a town that is built on a quaint German town theme. All the buildings look a little like gingerbread houses. It was a beautiful, sunny day and the leaves were all changing colors. My leg of the race took me right along a river and straight up a mountain (my legs felt like we were going straight uphill). I felt pretty good because 1)I ran the 4th leg and those running the full marathon were pretty winded by then and I could keep up with them and 2)my goal was to just keep running and although there was not always a lot of forward progress, I was able to do just that. I love the adrenaline you get with finishing something you worked really hard at. Now I have the running bug and hopefully will be able to try some other races for fun. Thanks to those Tunnell girls for asking me to play!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Chelsea-Running is addictive! I think that once it is in your blood you always go back to it at some point. I'm running a little now, but in the past I've done long runs, too. It gives you such a sense of accomplishment to "go the distance." That is awesome.
Thats my kind of marathon. I'm not really a runner so that would be hard for me. It sounded like a beautiful run though. Good for you!
Awesome! Way to go!
I'm so glad you ran with us Chelsea! In fact, I'd love to get together to run again sometime. Maybe me and you and Becky could meet up at the Centennial trail again.
Post a Comment