Sunday, November 2, 2008

A lion, a cowboy, a lego, oh my. . .

My wonderful epiphany came Halloween night as I was giggling and bouncing around just as excited as the kids. . . I love Halloween! What a silly incredibly exciting American holiday it is when you can be whatever you want and people will give you candy for it. I love that my kids are creative because I'm not a big fan of the same old boring costume that everyone is wearing but instead of coming up with something you are really passionate about. So, that being said,
  • Gabe chose to be a Native American (specifically Attean from the book "Sign of the Beaver"
  • Caleb really wanted to be Usain Bolt (olympic runner) at first but I had a vision of him dressed as a Lego and he really liked that (plus he got to color his hair blue which he has wanted to do forever).
  • Andrew really liked his Spiderman costume from the dress up drawer but switched to a cowboy (and what a handsome cowboy he was)
  • Kimball could care less and he was a lion (he actually hates most things on his head so he was a headless lion)
It was fun to see it all come together. We have always done a trunk-or-treat with our ward but this year we ventured out to our neighborhood and beyond with some of our friends. It was surprisingly a dry and warm night and we got loads of candy. In the past I have just let my kids go at it and eat it until it's gone. This year we dumped it all into a big pile and let the kids choose 5 pieces that they wanted most and then we kept the rest to hand out at random. The boys were just fine with that. Caleb and Andrew's is gone by today, Gabe will still have his by next Halloween, and Kimball got his first dum-dum. Happiness abounds!

1 comment:

Beckie Taylor said...

They are so handsome! Sounds like you had tons of fun, I'll try to get pictures up of the girls later today.