Monday, September 20, 2010

No Manners Meal

Every time I take Mike's picture he pulls some face, so he totally deserves me posting this picture
Caleb, the boy who can handle a food fight

My friend Alison shared a fun idea on her blog a while ago about having a No Manners Meal and I thought "what a great idea! How fun to just have a mess and have fun together." Apparently, I don't know my boys as well as I thought because two were in tears, one thought we were crazy, and at least Caleb loved it! We ate outside and our rules were 1)no utensils could be used 2)you had to eat at least half your food before any food fighting. The problem turned out to be that Caleb can wolf down half his food in a minute whereas Gabe likes to take his time eating. Caleb started slinging food and so Mike and I got into it, but Gabe and Andrew and Kimball were pretty much in tears. As Gabe said "I had pudding all over my face but I didn't get any food in my mouth." He ran in the house to shower and locked all the doors he was so mad at us. Caleb, Mike, and I continued throwing food until it was gone. I think it's safe to say our 1st Annual No Manners Meal may be the last.

Andrew, trying to escape the madness

Mike's trying really hard not to smile

4 comments:

Steph said...

You guys are C-R-A-Z-Y! LOL
Better you than me!

Alison said...

Oh Chelsea! I am so sorry it didn't turn out as planned! :) Sorry there were tears! I guess you can chalk one up for the memory huh? At least you and Mike had fun! I think you're awesome for trying it!

Liz Morrill said...

Oh, that story is even better with the pictures. How funny!! and don't give up so easy!! you might be surprised the next time... after they've had a while to think it over!!!

Bridget said...

I don't know how I missed this post...but I'm laughing now! Thanks. I needed that.