Here's a sampling of the fun we have had this summer so far including a trip to Seaside, Oregon and a trip to Idaho to see all those grandmas and grandpas. I just love summer and having my kids around.

First taste of snow cones. Kimball and Caleb had fun with their food.

Kimball on the Merry-Go-Round

Civil defense caves out in the middle of nowhere, Idaho. Completely dark and scary

Catching a fish brings smiles to Gabe

The awesome elk antler arch in Jackson, Wyoming. We have to drive 2 hours to find a great indoor swimming place with a slide.

Caleb, Gabe, cousin Ryan, and Andrew got to float the river.

Upper Mesa Falls near Ashton, Idaho is just awesome

A shot of the boys with Mooma and Papa in front of the falls

Sometimes I get a bit tired of the same vacation to Idaho. I've tried convincing my kids to save for Disneyland, but grandma's and Mooma's homes are still the funnest vacation places in the world. So I planned a sidetrip on the way to Rexburg to the Lewis and Clark Caverns. This was one of the stops Mike and I made on our honeymoon and it was amazing. I thought my older kids would especially love this. I was right! We camped at the campground the night before and were swarmed by mosquitos, which was miserable, but the cave was beautiful. It is a two hour guided tour, and you go on all sorts of twists, turns, and slides. There are beautiful formations everywhere. I'm so glad we went there. It's not Disneyland, but maybe my kids will come around in a few years.

Camping at Cascade Park near our home. They have super fun swings made out of 50 gallon barrels.

Kimball sliding into the pool

Caleb's birthday loot. He turned 9 in June.

The night before Caleb's birthday he slept with his present from Grandma. Caleb loves getting presents!

Romance on the beach in Oregon (with 4 boys running circles around us)

Bubble fights at home
4 comments:
Hey-
Good to hear from you! We did Seaside, OR this summer, too. Glad to see that you have had such a fun filled summer.
Miss You, Jennie
Looks like you're having a great summer! Tell Caleb hi from me and Sean!
We can play anytime...call me 4254183693
oh wow--Kimball looks just like Carson in that Merry Go Round picture!
Post a Comment