Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gabe turns 11!

Gabe's 11, what more can I say? I am a mom of a pre-teen and he is entering waters that we as parents are entirely unsure of. But he's full of life and sure to be a leader in many ways. He's a huge help to me at home, a hard worker, and sets goals and accomplishes them. I'm excited to see him grow and yet sometimes I miss this. . .


or this. . .

But now I have this!
Gabe set out a year ago to earn the highest award in scouting, the Arrow of Light, AND to earn all 20 activity badges in Webelos and he has accomplished that. The best part is he has not needed a lot of pushing from mom or dad even though we are also his Webelo's leaders. He has done great and I'm sure he'll do well in Boy Scouts, too. I'm so proud of him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome--it is rare to see young men setting and accomplishing goals on their own like that. Bravo, Gabe! (and kudos to the parents, for raising such a hard working young man!)

Steph said...

Congratulations! Those are rare qualities indeed. You have every right to be proud!

Bonnie-Jean said...

Fabulous! If he continues to do well in Boy-scouts maybe he'll be the first of a bunch of Eagle scouts in your family!