Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gabe

Today I told myself I would not cry for what was, but be happy for the 10 year old boy Gabe is. Birthdays of my children tend to be highly emotional days for me because it brings back a flood of memories of their birth, them as a baby, and the years since then. Today Gabe turns 10 and I am so excited to be his mom. Being the oldest in a family puts a lot of responsibility on you (I know from firsthand experience) and he pulls through for me so often. He is a wonderful big brother! Here he is reading the scriptures with Caleb and "likening" them to his life. It was a hectic Sunday morning and I asked them to find something quiet to do in the half hour before we left for church.
On Friday we had a super fun birthday party with about 9 boys all together. They played Frisbee Golf and then had to solve the Mystery by following the clues to find out who stole the pizza. I had a blast (and only a little stress) making the clues, trying to make them tricky enough that they would have to think about them and yet easy enough that they could solve them. In the end, Mike was the thief and he had all the pizza and the Pizza Cake that I had a great time making. Many of my ideas came from here.
My mother-in-law pointed out that over half of Gabe's time with me is passed now. In 10 more years I hope he will be on his mission. Can you believe that?

Here is a great video of one of the upcoming "supermen" in my life! Happy Birthday Gabe!

5 comments:

Bridget said...

I love the cake.I thought it was a pizza, but can see the gummies on it now.

Nicole said...

Time goes by so fast! We're glad you are doing well, albeit a little teary.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy, reading scriptures to his brother! I love it!

That birthday party looked so cool! You always do the cutest stuff for you kids' birthdays!

Miss you guys!

Jenny

Camille English said...

I just love your Kids! I remember Gabe knew every word to every song in Primary and always sang. Your doing something right Chelsea, I hope I can have kids as good as yours. Happy Birthday Gabe!

Alison said...

That cake is awesome! And hard to believe time passes so fast. I love the photo of them reading scriptures before church. What good boys!