Our favorite ride as a family that we must have rode close to 20 times was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It's a roller-coaster train that takes you through old mine towns, into mine shafts, and into the desert. It was scary enough for the big boys and mild enough that Kimball loved it. "It's the wildest ride in the wilderness."

Buzz Lightyear has always been supercool in this house and the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters lets you travel in this "spaceships" that swivel 360 degrees as you shoot at Zurg and other targets.



Mike's favorite ride was "Soarin' over California". This is a flight simulator where you sit and your legs dangle beneath you as if you're really in a hang glider gliding over all the breathtaking views of California.
Most of us loved the Tower of Terror which takes you up several stories and drops you down while telling a great story and scaring the bejeebies out of you. You will realize as I write this that Mike is a wimp when it comes to the "scary rides" which worked out great for us because Kimball didn't love this one either.
My favorite picture was taken by the automatic picture taker on Splash Mountain. I tried to take a picture of the picture because I wasn't about to fork out $20 for it. These three faces say it all!
My absolute favorite ride was in Disneyland's California Adventure called California Screamin'. It is a roller coaster that starts you out with a countdown 3-2-1 and then shoots you at speeds up to 55 mph before starting uphill. Yea, Mike never even wanted to try this ride. I caught Gabe and Caleb as the countdown was on.
There's just one upside down loop and it's Mickey shaped. Isn't that cool?
This ride was pure fun. If you hate roller coasters that are jerky, klunky, and throw you around (like me) then you'll love this smooth, non-jarring ride. It just makes me smile.
The last night we were at Disneyland we were hoping to watch World of Color, (a fantastic light and water show or so I've been told) but it got cancelled. Gabe and Caleb made a mad dash to California Screamin' and got on one of the last rides.

I thought all we cared about were the rides, but when Tigger gave me a little kiss on the cheek, I think I blushed:)!

And last but not least is our most loved ride. . . the Bathroom ride. How fun that they are all decorated Disney style.
2 comments:
You make me want to go again! That looks like a great trip. And funny, but if you added in the Ariel ride for the little girls and take out tower of terror (We're all wimps!) those are our favorites, too :)
I love the pictures. Especially the one of the boys' reactions on Splash Mountain. So funny!
I can't believe how big your boys are now. Especially Gabe...when I met him he was at the Blacksburg High School Pre-school...I remember his little BYU backpack (I hope I am remembering correctly)...funny the things you think of...
Post a Comment