Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jars of Sunshine


Although the weather has been gorgeous and sunny the past few weeks, I've lived here long enough to know that the gray and dreary days will come. I call my canned peaches my jars of sunshine for that reason, but also because I had such two fun and happy days with my friend Daniell "teaching" her how to can peaches. We experimented with jam, chutney, and peach-mango salsa and I'm so proud of how it all turned out. This is just half of what we accomplished! My friend Daniell has really been a ray of sunshine in my life.

2 comments:

jamie t. said...

Always a blessing to have such friends around. Canning is next on the list of "need to learn."

Bridget said...

Awesome! I did 4 jars of peach mango salsa...I like it, but I don't know if my kids will eat it.