My friend, Becky, passed away October 8th after her fight with cancer. And for her it was a courageous faith-filled fight from beginning to end. I've only known Becky a few years, but one of the things she taught me is to "chill-out". Becky could be planning a party, knitting a hat for someone, watching 8 kids, cooking dinner and still enjoy the little things in life. She didn't get stressed. She planned and prepared and let life happen. I feel very blessed to know her and thankful that I can be reminded of my choice to come to earth knowing I would face sadness, loss, and death amidst the happiness and love. I chose.

"We can't predict all the struggles and storms in life, not even the ones just around the next corner, but as persons of faith and hope, we know beyond the shadow of any doubt that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and the best is yet to come." Elder L. Tom Perry

3 comments:
I still can't believe this I am so saddened by all of the devestation all our friends in Snohomish have had to deal with since we moved. You all are in my constant thoughts and prayers especially those beautiful kids.
Chelsea-I am so sorry to hear about this. It seem you have really had to deal with a lot of loss and sadness in this regard. You are a wonderful example to me of what we should do when faced with life's difficulties. I will be thinking of you and this sweet family.
Thank you for this post Chelsea. I obviously did not know your sweet friend Becky but your desciption of her has touched my heart, deeply, After reading it 3-4 times, I truly want to be more like Becky and to live life more to it's fullest, not allowing the silly, little things to get in the way of the daily, joyfull things that are always there!! May you be blessed in your healing process as well as the beautiful family Becky has temporarily left.
Post a Comment