Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Adventures of Buh, Puh, Anna, and Bubiya





Sounds like a really bad cartoon, but really it is life at our house. I love it when my kids start to talk to see what they will call their brothers. Gabe was "Guh" with Caleb and "Gub" with Andrew and now he is our "Buh". We're not sure why Caleb is "Puh", but it seems to fit. Andrew's was the first name Kimball tried months ago and it has always come out "Anna". And Kimball has said "Bubiya" for a long time but it has taken us a while to figure out it meant himself. I think it is a combination of baby and Kimball.
I haven't written for a while due to a combination of laziness, business, and just not much to say. We had a wonderful Christmas. We got to go to Idaho and play with grandparents and cousins. My brother lives in south as you can get California and it had been two years since we had seen him and his wonderful family. He has a son who is 6 and it was fun to watch Andrew and him play together. Hopefully they will have good memories until we're together again. One of the best parts was the snow. We got to go sledding and snowmachining and have snowball fights. I just love the snow and for me it is a part of Christmas. I had snow deprivation for a few days after we returned. We have had such a mild winter which has it's ups but what's winter without snow and ice. I know I'll get some good arguments about that one.
With the mild weather we have been working outside. A culvert across our creek had a huge gaping hole in it when we returned from Christmas vacation so we have been trying to fix our creek problems. Imagine up to your ankles in mud trying to yank salmon berries out by the root. Great fun! Seriously I really enjoy working with Mike and my kiddos who are becoming great workers, too. When you're covered with mud at the end it is just proof that you've done something. My mom is such a hard worker and she has taught me by example to really love working outside. I hope that will carry over into my gardening as I try that a little more this year. In the meantime I'll just enjoy the mud.

No comments: