
We went on a few hikes this week because it was Spring Break and it has warmed up a bit. We talked dad into going on a hike Saturday since it was going to be in the 70's and sunny (so rare here in Washington). We ended up at Wallace Falls and apparently hundreds of other people had this same idea. It's amazing what the sun can do for me though. I never think that the cloudiness bothers me but then on a sunny day I just feel GREAT! The hike was beautiful with all the green that coats everything here and there were numerous waterfalls along the way. Hiking with boys is a unique experience because every rock becomes a springboard for a jump, every log is a balance beam, and each stick is a new found treasure. Their boundless energy comes in spurts, sprinting ahead until they can't be seen then needing a drink and rest on the nearest stump. Mike was reminded that hiking with boys, unlike hiking by yourself, is not relaxing and peaceful. It takes loads of patience and you have to enjoy life in the moment. I know he will miss that one day as I have to constantly remind him. Moments are what we live on around here.
2 comments:
That's an awesome picture I love it!
No fair! You're all out hiking while we're stuck in the snow! :(
Post a Comment